Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Introduction to Content

For students throughout the country board examinations have just gotten over. And the students are now appearing for competitive exams for higher education. Those who have attempted the Xth standard equivalent must now be mulling at options for higher secondary education. Is it going to be the sciences or the humanities or the commerce streams and the like. And the ones who have appeared for the XIIth standard equivalent must now be juggling options between engineering or medicine or economics or core science etc.

Looking back at the time when I was at the same criss-cross that you might find yourself right now, I see myself having not much clue about what I really wanted to do in terms of higher studies. So every bit I did then was to follow what everyone else seemed to be doing. Everyone wanted to get into science in the higher secondary course and I followed them not really knowing what future beheld for us. Then after the XIIth board examinations, seemingly the only options available was engineering or Medicals. I chose engineering without a clue as to what it really meant. The only variables for coming to this decision were peer pressure and family aspirations. Although things turned out quite okay in the end, my debate in this blog is that I was really clueless as to what I wanted to do for Higher studies.

In this information age, you youngsters might be loaded with information but this blog will try to give you a broad picture about options in higher studies in what you should pursue and why should you pursue.

The blog is not about an expert piece on education. What it will contain will be opinion from people who are currently pursuing careers in different fields from an Arunachalee's point of view.

1 comment: